The Inventory Connector can also be run as a Windows Scheduled Task for additional stability
Here are the steps to set up a hourly task to run the NearSt upload in the background:
- Make sure the latest version of the NearSt Inventory Connector is installed. If you're unsure if this is the case, it's safest to re-install it from here. That will automatically download and set up the latest version, and uninstall any old versions.
- Run the Inventory Connector at least once after updating, to make sure the shop is properly signed in.
- Open the Task Scheduler. You can find this application by searching for 'task scheduler' in the Windows menu
- Click 'Create Task...' in the menu on the right side of the window.
- Enter a name like 'NearSt Upload', choose 'Run whether user is logged in or not' and check the 'Run with highest privileges' checkbox.
- Go over to the 'Triggers' tab, and set up a One-time trigger with a 1-hour repeat (indefinitely):
- Add a new Action under the Actions tab, and locate the NearSt cli.exe file. This will be located in the following folder that sits within your user directory:
- Click OK to save the task. You'll be asked to enter your Windows password. The task will then be ready to be run every hour.