Here's how to hide and edit your items that appear in Google
NearSt automatically sources the image, description and title of your products and hides your out-of-stock items from Google. On the odd occasion, you might want to edit a product listing or hide an in-stock item from showing up in Google.
For those instances, you can edit product listings by following the steps below:
- Log into MyShop
- Click on the ‘Inventory’ tab
- Go to 'Edited products' or 'Hidden products' and click the blue button to add a new product
- Enter the barcode you wish to edit or hide into the search bar and click Continue.
Done! The item will be updated in Google within a day, although it’s often within an hour!
I’ve changed my mind, can I recover a hidden or edited item?
Yes! simply click the trash icon next to the item, and NearSt will get the item back into Google in its original state (again, within a day but often much faster).
Why would I want to hide an item?
In most cases you should mark an item as unavailable in your POS system and NearSt will update Google. However, here are a few examples where hiding a barcode may come in handy:
- I sell a different unit/quantity than the item is usually sold in
- I sometimes use ‘placeholder’ barcodes for products that don’t have a barcode of their own
- I track certain products in my POS but these are not available for sale to customers
- I do a stock and price review for certain products before they are available for sale
Can I hide more than one barcode at once?
You can hide a number of barcodes at once, by inputting them on separate lines in the hide product tool.
If you have any questions or need any support along the way, we’re here to help! Just drop us an email on email@example.com or click the chat bubble in the bottom right corner.