Reasons why a product that you don't stock is appearing in Google and how to remove it
If a product that you don’t stock is appearing in Google, there two reasons why this might be:
- The product’s quantity is incorrect in your Point of Sale
- The product’s information needs editing/correcting
How to fix this:
The first thing to do is to find the product barcode in Google so you can compare the information in your Point of Sale.
To find the product’s barcode:
- Find the item in your Google See What’s in Store
- Tap the details link beneath the product
- Click view all details, which will display the product’s information, including the item’s GTIN (barcode)
From here, search the barcode in your POS and check it is set to out of stock.If the quantity is correct, the product information will need to be updated in MyShop.
To update product information in MyShop:
- Log into MyShop
- Go to the Inventory tab
- From here, you an either hide or edit the product by entering the barcode
If you find that you’re still having trouble, fill in this support form or send us a message using the chat bubble on the bottom right and we’ll be happy to help!